- Look up the book you're interested in
- See if its in stock
- Reserve your book on hold.
A comprehensive interactive resource for research and learning for grades K-12. Includes correlations to California Content Standards and other valuable teacher resources. Post links directly to each school level, elementary, middle or high. Britannica School – Age-appropriate English language encyclopedias for elementary, middle, and high school. • Britannica Escolar – Age-appropriate Spanish language encyclopedias for elementary and middle school students.
One-stop resources for books you are reading and teaching, including author and illustrator interviews, lesson plans, and other enrichment content.– a suite of instructional resources that enrich the fiction and nonfiction books read by children and young adults. Databases include:
The icons above and main links below work for accessing these resources on your school campus. Students and staff with the district/school's off-campus access name and access codes should use the "Off-Campus Access" links below when using from public libraries or other non-school locations.
- CultureGrams - Concise social, cultural, and political information on countries, U.S. states, and provinces around the world. (Grades 3-12)
CultureGrams Off-Campus Access
- SIRS Discoverer - A general reference database providing safe, reliable, curriculum-aligned content and features for use by students and educators. (Grades 3-9)
SIRS Discoverer Off-Campus Access
- SIRS Issues Researcher - Pros and cons on 360+ (and growing) complex social issues with relevant, credible information that tells the whole story on the major questions of the day. (Grades 6+)
SIRS Issues Researcher Off-Campus Access
- eLibrary - Guided Research edition delivers one of the largest general reference collections of periodical and digital media content including more than 11,000 Research Topics (Grades 6+)
eLibrary Guided Research Off-Campus Access
- eLibrary - Database Edition General reference aggregation of periodical and digital media content with editorial guidance for novice researchers. (Grades 6+)
eLibrary Database Edition Off-Campus Access
- ProQuest Central - Student-designed to bring instant results to users across thousands of journals, magazines, newspapers, videos, reports, and more. This resource brings together some of ProQuest's most used databases in education, humanities, psychology, science, social sciences, and news. (Grades 9+, IB, AP, College Prep)
Central Student Off-Campus Access
- ProQuest Research Companion - a self-guided product that supports information literacy, writing, and research skills instruction.(Grades 8+)
Research Companion Off-Campus Access
- Schools & Educators Complete - eBook subscription database of over 13,000 titles that supports English Language Arts, Science, Math, Social Studies, Health, Physical Education, Information Literacy and Technology. (Grades 9+, possibly some content for Middle School, also includes professional development content for faculty)
Why Utilize the Portola Junior-Senior High School Library?
Not everything is on the Internet or pertinent to your academic carrier. Availability to browse and read books, magazines, encyclopedias, and other print materials that are not online.
Not everything is free. Access to fee-based databases with Britannica, Teaching books, and Pro-Quest with magazines and scholarly journals and digital books in full text in context.
Borrowing privileges and access to the PJSHS Library to all currently registered PJSHS students, PJSHS employees. The Librarian Technician spends time selecting quality materials: books, journals, and databases. We focus on collecting scholarly and authoritative materials, especially for your classes.
Borrowers are responsible for returning materials on time. The fine for overdue books is $0.5 per book per day, excluding weekends and holidays. All overdue books must be returned and fines paid before additional books may be checked out.