Hi! I am Lori Marquette and I have been the PHS Counselor since 2007. I graduated from the University of LaVerne with my Master's degree/PPS Credential in School Counseling. Previously I was in a CTE (Career and Technical Education) masters program at Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff.
Even farther back, I graduated from Kansas State University with a bachelor's degree in 1984. I am originally from Wichita, Kansas, and spent 16 years in the Denver area and 8 years in Tempe, Arizona. I have been a California resident since 2005.
As your junior high and high school counselor I am here to support all students emotionally, academically and to help prepare our students for their college/career planning after high school.
- A Degree With A Guarantee
University of California’s Transfer Plan for California Community Colleges Students
- ACT signup
- Admission to the five Service Academies
- Advanced Placement testing (AP)
AP gives you the academic skills you need in college and can also give you more time to concentrate on the subjects that interest you.
- Apply for FASFA
Federal Student Aid
- Apprenticeships- California Apprenticeship Coordinators Assoc.
Career planning & exploration program combining a multiple-aptitude test with an interest self-assessment & wide range of career exploration tools.
- Big Future Scholarship Search
- California Career Zone
Customize your career exploration.
- California Colleges
College and Career Planning
- California Community College Chancellor's Office
- California Dream Act
- California Scholarships
- California Student Aid Commission
- Career One Stop
- Career Pathways: Who do you want to be?
- Chico State: Classes for HS students
- College Covered
- College Navigator
- Community College transfer to a CSU
- CSF/Val/Sal/Academic Hall of Fame Criteria
- CSU Mentor/Cal State Apply
- Financial Aid
- Get Schooled
- Grades App
- Independent California Colleges AICCU
- Keirsy Temperment Sorter
- Khan Academy
- My Next Move
- NAIA Eligibility Center
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Positive Behavioral Intervention & Support-PBIS
- Register to Vote
- SAT Subject tests: Why take them?
- Selective Service
- Step Forward
- Teen Health
- The Common Application
- Top College Websites
- UC Apply
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)